This is the day that I have worried about. Grandma Davis told us not long after we were married to never go to India. She had gone and thought it was terrible. I couldn’t sleep the night before and my stomach ached. I was hoping that I would make it through the land tour.
We were an hour late leaving the ship to go to the airport because India Authorities were so hard to please. It was about an hour bus ride to get to the airport. We were given a box lunch to eat before we got on the airplane. When we had finished eating our lunches we threw our bags away. I went into the bathroom and there the Indian ladies were going through the trash of lunch bags.
I didn’t take any pictures because my camera was in a suitcase that I couldn’t get to. India ended up being a lot like Vietnam and Manila. There were modern buildings and lots of shanties.
There are 1.2 billion people in this country with 18 million born each year.
We flew from Kochi to New Delhi. We had a half hour lay over in Hyderabad but could not get off the plane. Our group had two buses which were really nice. Trying to get to our hotel was hard because of the traffic jam.
This is at the beautiful New Delhi airport. At this airport was the only bathroom I came across with an Indian toilet. It looked like one from China.
It was said that if in the States people drive on the right lane, and in Britain keep to the left, in India they seem to drive everywhere. And pedestrians be damned.
Our bus had to be searched before it was allowed to go into the gate to the Hotel Taj Palace.
We had to go through security before we could go into the hotel. Once we were inside, we were greeted with a red dot to our foreheads and a refreshing drink.
We went to our rooms for a few minutes and went and had dinner there at the hotel.



0 comments:
Post a Comment