CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Saturday, April 16, 2011

***Cartagena, #2

We were so happy when John and Mary Ann Evans walked into the hospital to find us. John gave Dennis a blessing. The Evans and Tom stayed and visited until it was time for them to get back to the ship.


We were surprised when the doctor had Dennis transferred to another hospital. No one spoke English and I don’t speak Spanish. I rode with Dennis in the ambulance to the next hospital. Once again all he had was a small sheet and a catheter.


It was weird because the halls had no people in them. I was getting worried. Come to find out, it was a brand new hospital that had opened only the month before. Not all of the areas were operating yet and that was why there were no people.


Once Dennis was settled in his room, he got up to go to the bathroom. It only took the nurses one look at his bare butt to run and get him some PJs.


I thought that my heart would break as I watched our ship pull out of the port and leave us behind. I could see it from the hospital patio. We didn’t get to say good-bye to new friends and enjoy our room any more. Most important was getting Dennis better.

0 comments: