This is our first time to Naples. We have a tour to go Mount Vesuvius. It is the only volcano on the continent of Europe. Vesuvius is best known for the eruption in AD 79 that led to the destruction of the Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum and the deaths of up to 25,000 people.
We always have a fun time when we go on tour with Pat and Joe. We got on our bus that drove us to a village of Boscotrecase. There we used the restrooms and got on special ecological 4 x 4 buses.
Talk about a rough ride. I’m not sure if the roads are always this bad or if they keep them bad for tourists. It is another 25 minute ride with many switch backs going up the mountain.
After we reached a stopping point, then we had to climb the rest of the way up by foot.
Dennis decided not to go with the group but to walk at his own space. He wasn’t able to get too far up the steep mountain but enjoyed the scenery.
There seem to be a lot of teenagers in the areas that we have been visiting lately.
Joe and Pat
We climbed back down the mountain and met Dennis a long the way. We got back in the 4 x 4 and traveled down the road. Dennis and I were in the very back of the vehicle. We had to hold on for dear live so that we could stay on our seats and so that we didn’t hit our heads on the roof .
We got back into our regular tour bus and headed back. No tour would be complete with out stopping at a store. The store sold cameos. They are made with seashells. They were beautiful but they were a little old fashion for me.
***Naples at Night Time.*** Dennis and I had been invited to go to dinner with Cruise Specialists. It was their “Suite Event”. We went to the Parker Hotel. We got to know Tom and his wife Deann. Tom is the president of Cruise Specialists. I wished I had taken my camera. I get tired of carrying it around and I didn’t think it was right to take it to such a fancy hotel. The view from the balcony as the lights came on in Naples was wonderful.



0 comments:
Post a Comment