CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

***2 Naples- Pompeii #2***

IMG_5719 (Small)

IMG_5722 (Small) IMG_5723 (Small)

John Evans

IMG_5727 (Small)

IMG_5734 (Small) IMG_5736 (Small) IMG_5738 (Small)

IMG_5739 (Small) IMG_5743 (Small) IMG_5740 (Small) IMG_5739 (Small) IMG_5745 (Small) IMG_5748 (Small) IMG_5746 (Small)

IMG_5749 (Small) IMG_5750 (Small) IMG_5751 (Small)

The wind had really been blowing which made the dirt get in our eyes.  It had also rained off and on during our tour.  The wind caught hold of our umbrella and broke it.

We were getting ready to leave the entrance of Pompeii and our guide said he would take us to some restrooms.  He also warned about paying too much for items that the vendors were selling.

I followed the group to the store with the restrooms so that I could get out of the cold wind.  Dennis was going to look at the books that the vendors were selling.  Some how he could not find me and the rest of the group.  I went out to try and find him when he did not return.  Finally it was time to go get on our bus to return to the port.  I still could not find him and told the tour guide that we could not leave.  He got a call on his cell phone and found out that Dennis had left on other bus.  He thought that he had missed our bus so he decided to take another bus from the ship back.  That was the first time I have ever lost him while traveling.  When I got back to the ship, I told him that he was officially old to get lost like that.

0 comments: