It was raining when we woke up this morning. The leaves are just starting to change colors. It will be another couple of weeks before they are at their peak.
It took just a little over a hour and a half to drive to Deerfield, MA where there is a wonderful Yankee Candle Store. The store takes up about a block with it's building and parking lot. The store has so many fun displays for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and a large Christmas area.
I told Sharon to find a seat while I took some pictures. Well I lost her and the store is so huge. Dennis had me page her several times . . . no Sharon!
I walked through the store again and went out the door that we had first come in and there she was. She was sitting on a bench listening to the music from the outdoor speaker and just watching people coming and going. She wanted to know where my cell phone was because she had called. I told her it was at the hotel.
Sometimes Dennis had a hard time getting us where we wanted to be because of my difficulty reading maps. He ALWAYS managed to get us where we wanted to go.
After we left the Yankee Candle Store, we stopped for lunch and then we went on to Springfield to the Basketball Hall of Fame. It was closed for the day by the time we got there but we still got to look around.
We ran into a lot of traffic going back to Burington. This surprised us because it was a Sunday night.
Sharon and I were postive that more leaves had changed colors on the way back then what we saw that morning.
Other than the traffic on the way back, it had been a really fun day.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -Mark Twain
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Day 37 - A Rainy Day In MA
Posted by The Zobells at 7:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment