The hardest part of blogging is the writing. I am not a creative writer and it is hard to know how much
and what to include.
and what to include.
We were excited about arriving at Auckland, New Zealand. The first time we had been here was in 2003.
We found both the country and the people very welcoming.
We found both the country and the people very welcoming.
The first thing we noticed was the comfortable temperature and humidity. I have to admit that we were
grateful for a few normal things that felt like home. They were McDonalds, Subway, Pizza Hut, and KFC.
grateful for a few normal things that felt like home. They were McDonalds, Subway, Pizza Hut, and KFC.
As we pulled into the port, there was the Hilton Hotel right in front of the ship. I remembered it from last time.
Auckland is so beautiful with it's bay and many buildings. We decided that New Zealanders were slim and fit.
Auckland is so beautiful with it's bay and many buildings. We decided that New Zealanders were slim and fit.
Dennis had made arrangements to rent a car in Auckland and return it in Wellington. We packed our bags and
got the car and started our five day overland trip. Dennis did a fantistic job of driving. They drive on the left
hand side of the road in New Zealand and there were roundabouts ever where. About 15 miles outside of
Auckland the motor way turns into a two way highway for the rest of our trip.
got the car and started our five day overland trip. Dennis did a fantistic job of driving. They drive on the left
hand side of the road in New Zealand and there were roundabouts ever where. About 15 miles outside of
Auckland the motor way turns into a two way highway for the rest of our trip.
Before we left Auckland we went to the KT (Kelly Tarlton) Underwater World. It was the first to build a
plexiglass tunnel that allows people to view the fish and sharks all around them. Dennis loved to watch
the large stingray gliding through the water. We found out that her name was Phoeloe and that she weighted
440 pounds. There was a really good recreation of the Antarctic Explorer Captain Robert Scott's hut. It
was built in 1911 for his voyage to the South Pole. The real hut still stands today. Our last thing to do there
was to sit in a little red box car that took us pass the peniguns. I got so sick in there. It was like having a
bad case of sea sickness. The only thing we could figure out is this is what happens when I take off the patch
that I wear on the ship. (I didn't bring any patches with me.)
plexiglass tunnel that allows people to view the fish and sharks all around them. Dennis loved to watch
the large stingray gliding through the water. We found out that her name was Phoeloe and that she weighted
440 pounds. There was a really good recreation of the Antarctic Explorer Captain Robert Scott's hut. It
was built in 1911 for his voyage to the South Pole. The real hut still stands today. Our last thing to do there
was to sit in a little red box car that took us pass the peniguns. I got so sick in there. It was like having a
bad case of sea sickness. The only thing we could figure out is this is what happens when I take off the patch
that I wear on the ship. (I didn't bring any patches with me.)
On our way to Hamilton we saw such beautiful open fields and farms. It reminded us of Ireland. Hamilton was
the only sizeable town we saw since we left Auckland. We checked into our hotel.
the only sizeable town we saw since we left Auckland. We checked into our hotel.
We drove out to find the Hamilton temple. My pictures do not do justice to all the flowers in full bloom all
around the temple.
around the temple.



0 comments:
Post a Comment